Since it was established in 2008, the European Danube Academy (EDA) has been working to strengthen cooperation in science, education, culture, politics, and media in the Danube area. With its network and projects the EDA contributes to mutual cultural exchange and to the integration process in the South-Eastern European countries.
Since then, the EDA has also become one of the major Danube platforms for the presentation of ideas, opinions and views from all over the Danube region. With its manifold projects and publications, it is actively contributing to the success of the EU-Strategy for the Danube Region by fostering exchange, science and education.
In recent years, the EDA has initiated the following programs:
- Roma Inclusion Project „DUNA ROMANI LUMA“
- OpenDanube Project
- Education: Danube Schools 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- European Economic Danube Forum
- Exhibition: The Making of World Art along the Danube
- Research projects on Migration and Cultural Identity
- Publications of the EDA Danube Book Series
- Promotion of Literature from South-Eastern Europe with public readings
- Conferences on Culture 2014, 2015, 2016
- Symposium on Health and Migration
- Various Research Projects on Migration, Identity, Education, etc
for further information please visit: www.donauakademie.eu